Campus programs benefit from private support
Sacramento State raised nearly $900,000 in gifts and pledges in the fourth quarter of the fiscal year (April 1 to June 30, 2012). Gifts supported a number of areas including the Guardian Scholars program, the Sac State Aquatic Center, scholarship programs in the colleges of Arts and Letters, Business Administration and Education, and alumni programming.
• A gift from the Estate of Pamela Rae Ormaas to support the Pamela Rae Ormaas Scholarship in the College of Business Administration.
• A gift from the Estate of Charles W. Keaster to the Charles and Leora Keaster Scholarship Endowment in the College of Education.
• Gifts from the Ticket to Dream Foundation and Soroptimist International of Sacramento to the Guardian Scholars Program Discretionary Fund to support former foster youth.
• A gift from the Capital Crew Boosters Club to the Sac State Aquatic Center.
• Pledges from alumna Margot S. Bach ’72 (English), alumnus Stephan Biondi ’85 (Construction Management), alumnus Christopher L. Higdon, ‘85 (Accountancy) and Sac State Vice President for Business Administration Mike Lee, to support alumni programs including the Alumni Center, the Alumni Association Scholarships and other efforts to increase alumni engagement, and from alumna Alice D. Perez ’99 (Business Administration) to the Evelyn Montoya Memorial Scholarship Endowment.
• A gift from emeritus faculty member Ronald A. Holloway to the Holloway Scholarship to benefit the music department in the College of Arts and Letters.
• Pledge payments from physical therapy faculty member Susan McGinty to the Susan Young McGinty Scholarship.
To make a gift to support students, faculty and programs at Sacramento State, contact the Office of University Development at (916) 278-6989 or visit csus.edu/giving/.